Saturday, 18th August, 2012
Venue: CAMP Rooftop
1) Introduction to the Afghan Films and Pad.ma workshop in conjunction with documenta13 in Kassel and Kabul.
2) Screening: Audiences and Crowds from the Afghan Films Archive (a cut from the archive, made and screened in Kabul in April), 23 minutes
3) An annotated filmography of Engineer Latif Ahmadi, Afghanistan's most prolific filmmaker in recent times.
4) Screening: Khan-e-Tarikh (House of History) 1996. An essay film by Qader Taheri made during the civil war using archival footage from Afghan Films.
5) Discussion with Shaina Anand, Faiza Ahmad Khan, Ashok Sukumaran, who were part of the workshop in Kabul, and invited guests.
February 14, 2012 to April 22, 2012
New Museum, New York
Act I: Swearing In Whispers, 2012
screenplay, phone lines.
Act II: Hum Logos, 2012
phone audio, projected subtitles and text.
Based on the Radia Phone Tap(e)s
The lobbyist is a rhetorician-in-private, group persuader and network player. When her government-tapped phone conversations leak (the Radia Tapes, 2009-) they undergo multiple "phase shifts", becoming TV sound-bytes, scam proofs, lengthy transcripts with short urls.